Apr 8, 2011

a night-time hello...

Ok. I purchased a new camera and I'll admit, I really do love it. I had a Nikon D60 (the one that bit the dust unfortunately last week) and I was not too keen on having to shop for and learn how to use a new camera. I was just going to replace my D60, it's a sensible choice and I already know how it works, but I ran into the store and all they had was the Nikon D3100 and I needed a camera by 12pm yesterday. So Chase and I walked out of the store with a new camera in hand and ran back to the house to start charging the battery so that I could get back to work.

The kids were sweet enough to let me practice some of the new settings. My little guy is such a total ham when it comes to cameras or video cameras. No need to coax him into taking his photo!




I will say this, with the D60 I always had to edit my photos but with this D3100 there is almost no editing needed. The images are sharp, bright and clear which I love. It's been stormy and overcast here lately, so the lighting hasn't been optimal but by looking at the photos I took today, you wouldn't be able to tell. I think I'm sold!

and Alaina, I made her take a break from homework yesterday to take a couple of photos. I can't believe how much she looks like me in this one, I usually say that she looks just like her dad, but not so much here. It might be the lighting.... or my awesome new camera!



I had a super busy - half way productive day. I worked on 2 tutorials today,
(here's a peek:



I cleaned a little (that boy of mine loves to open and pour out every container I own in my craft room), and I'm putting together the next color combination for May. You're going to love it, I just know it!

Oh! and probably the best - most awesome part of today - I got to talk to this lady on the phone tonight! If you knew me in real life, you would know that I have a ridiculous fear of phone calls. Always have. As far back as I can remember I have never liked calling anyone for anything on the phone. I'm an email-instant messaging kind of girl. Even the idea of Skype makes me a little anxious..... ridiculous, I know. So it was kind of a big deal to me. :))

I'm off to make a pretty flower garland and then some reading time. I just purchased this book, it's looks fun and I can't wait to see the photos. I love re-purposing design books!



I'll do a question/answer post too sometime this week. I have questions to answer from the blog and flickr, so I think I shall put them all in one post. If you've asked me something recently - I haven't forgot you!!

10 comments:

JT said...

Enjoy your new camera - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous photos here!

blogauthor said...

A is SO beautiful in that photo! And C is a doll. Enjoy them while they still let you take photos, lol.

♥♥♥Christina

Marije said...

Glad you are loving the new camera! Can't wait to see more! That magazine looks great, reminds me of that picture of that gorgeous bed I sent you yesterday. I'm tired today (and I just got up) so I might rip up magazines and make inspiration books today! It's easy but makes me feel like I am doing something haha! Or I might just alphabetize my sticker collection. :D

Bonnie said...

The new camera seems great. Thanks for the info. i am looking into a new camera so it's always nice to know about them. I was thinking of the Nikon D60 too or the Canon 450D. I do love Canon. Have you every tried the Canon range?

jamie said...

here's a question for you...i am assuming the top two photos in this post are not soc? looks like there is a color edit going on. would you share?
~j

Valentina Fussell said...

Yay! A new camera! We upgraded last year from the D50 and couldn't believe the difference. Those shots of your kids are so sweet and I love Thrifty Chic. I've gone back to it time and time again!

Karey said...

I thought it might be Christine you talked to. Hey she got a new camera too. I enjoying keep up with both your and her blogs.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you got your new camera! And I'm also happy to hear that I'm not the only one that doesn't like talking on the phone. I avoid it sooo much! Yuck!

Mrs H.H said...

Great shots of your children, great to have a new camera, so many new things to learn - good luck.

Keshet said...

The book looks like fun!