Jul 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

I live in a very small town, with a population of just under 5,000. Of course, I think it's the cutest little town, but I'm reminded of how small Cave Creek truly is when they celebrated the 4th of July on the 3rd. Yep, the entire town closed on the
3rd to celebrate the 4th. (I learned this the hard way when I arrived at the post office to do my Friday shipping, but on the bright side, there was no waiting in line. :) The fire works were well worth it though! Alaina did her routine of oohs and awws after each one, and Chase seemed somewhat amused, more so with the people walking by us I think, rather than the actual fireworks, but their first 3rd of July together was a success!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe weekend!

Onto some scrapbook stuff! I'm the guest designer this month over at Elles Studio and on the 15th I'll be posting some more scrapbook goodness over on the Elles Studio blog ! If you're a fan of Etsy then you've most likely seen the shop Elles Studio, they carry super cute journaling tags and stamps, just perfect for scrapbookers! I chose these tags for the guest designer special and they'll be on sale all month! Those were my favorite, they ended up being perfect for all of my summery pages!











I'll be spending the rest of the weekend working on some custom orders and if I get a chance I really want to visit the book store. I've been looking at a few design books, that I hope are as good as their covers look! (I know the old saying, but sometimes with design books you really can judge a book by its cover.) If you have any good reading recommendations, send them my way!! Good night! ~ T

9 comments:

meganklauer said...

Amazing stuff! You ROCKEd the elles goodies!

allyson joy said...

i just found your blog through flickr ~ i gotta admit, this place is amazing ~ im so in love with your scrapping stilo,,, ill be back again and agan :-D
{xoxo}

NicNacManiac said...

Happy 4th of July, glad the kids were excited...nothing like it!!
Your layouts are one of a kind and totally creative...what a talent you are!!
Hugs, Nerina :)

Anonymous said...

Love your creations! They are such an inspiration! Thank you so much.
Oh, and congrats for being the guest designer of Elle's Studio! You desrve it!
Efrat ('Fafuna' on flickr)

Amber said...

Super CUTE! =) Although, you always make adorable stuff!

Unknown said...

your work is so amazing! LOVE IT all!

Antonia said...

I'm loving all of the projects you made for the GDT...wow! I especially love the date book :) Fabulous job as always Tara!!

Danielle said...

WOW....I love the layouts you made with Elle's goodies!!!! You totally ROCK Tara :D

Brooke said...

Hi! I recently discovered your blog and you do such great work! Love it!